08 December 2011

Artists Helping Artists Auction

There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe...
At every crossing of the threads there is an individual.
And every individual is a crystal bead.
And every crystal bead reflects
Not only the light from every other crystal in the net
But also every other reflection
Throughout the entire universe.

~ an adaptation of The Net of Jewels, or Indra's Net,
one of the oldest written creations of humanity



Several artists in the blog community have decided to band together to help a fellow artist in need.

When I heard about this late last night I dropped everything and created this necklace.
I call it "New Growth, New Directions."

Eggs are a symbol of new life and are a very hopeful image. This necklace features a polymer clay "grow" egg bead from Barbara Bechtel of Second Surf, one of my faux enameled brass leaves in a shimmery green, taupe pearls, Czech pressed glass, hematite, amazonite and copper accents.

What happens to a tree when a branch breaks off?
Sometimes the weakest limb is shed in a brisk wind, but that doesn't mean the tree won't continue to thrive. The landscape may be altered, but the tree remains steadfast in the buffeting winds and strong enough to stand up to anything.The branches grow in a new direction, seeking out the light. The shape may change, but in time the leaves will return to fill in the spaces.  The roots are deep and will keep the tree strong and healthy. This tree is just like our community which keeps us strong with the connection, the grounding to the earth, the celebration of home, the love of family, and the kindness of friends.


New Growth - New Directions


Would you like to be the winning bidder?

Please leave a comment along with your bid.
If you are the winning bidder, you will receive an invoice after the close of the auction.
There must be a way to contact you.
If you have email preferences turned off in your profile, please leave your email.
Many wonderfully talented people are auctioning items to help out! These would make great gifts for those you love and show support. Please visit these the other artists below and place your bid!

Bids will be taken through Sunday, December 11th at midnight EST.

Bidding will start at $40
International bidders welcome. I will pay all shipping costs.

List of participants:

Marie Cramp & Lori Anderson http://skyejewels.blogspot.com/
Barbara Bechtel http://secondsurf.com/
Erin Fickert-Rowland http://elysianstudiosart.com/
Amanda Cargill Austin http://www.seashoreglassgirl.com/
Erin Prais-Hintz http://treasures-found.blogspot.com/  - YOU ARE HERE
NEW ADDITIONS!
Kerry Bogert http://kabsconcepts.blogspot.com

We are like those crystals in the net, reflecting our powerful light to shine on someone we care about, to surround each other with good will and love, to make the world a better place by being there for each other. I am humbled to call these people friends and I am so proud of what they are doing.

Please help us make a difference.

Feel free to return and bid again!

Happy bidding!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! I would like to start the bidding off with $40! Count me in for helping other artists. This is such a wonderful thing you are doing. I love seeing people come together, using their talents to help each other. Your creation is quite beautiful, as always! Bookndz@yahoo.com

Marie Cramp said...

I will bid $50 to help things along! I would be proud to own any of your pieces!!

Off the Beadin' Path said...

I love the necklace, the name of the necklace, the love that you poured into the necklace, and the description of the tree, so fitting, Erin! My bid is $60.00

Michael and Cherrie Fick said...

Hi Miss Erin, I first want to say you are so amazing. What a beautiful write up and the thought. I have been completely away from my computer this week. Many things going on. I haven't been able to get in on any of this and I want to. I will bid $65.00 for now. I haven't even looked at any one else's blog yet. Good luck with this. Cherrie. You know how to reach me.

Karin Slaton said...

What a beautiful piece and wonderful thing you've become a part of. Thanks for letting us take part, too. I will bid $70.

Regina said...

I will raise it with $75.00

Jennifer Cameron said...

$80

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin