26 January 2011

Valentine's Day Sale for My Mom Pattie

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come
~ Chinese Proverb 

 

Marsha Neal creates the most beautiful ceramic components for those of us who create jewelry to play with. Along with richly detailed pendants and charms, Marsha has a great eye for color, pattern and texture. She also sells amazingly lovely dyed silk cords.

When her mother Pattie died of leukemia in September 2007, Marsha was not content to sit idly by. She came up with the idea to gather some artists to make jewelry using her components for sale in a special Etsy shop - My Mom Pattie - to raise funds to donate a room to "My Mom Pattie" at the Tri-State Bird Rescue (DE) annex project. Pattie loved feeding, providing habitat for wildlife in her garden, and especially loved watching the birds. With the help from your purchases, there will be a permanent place in her memory where sick or injured birds can be taken care of.

{"Leatherbound Bloom" for sale at My Mom Pattie}
I remember when I first heard of this idea about a year ago. I wanted to offer my assistance to Marsha but I didn't have an Etsy site. That was a requirement to participating. She invited me to come back when I did. So this fall, after I launched my Etsy site, I got back in touch with Marsha to put my offer out there again.

At the end of last year I finally got a chance to participate in this worthy cause by donating a piece that I made called "Leatherbound Bloom." This was one of the pieces I made for my first Challenge of Color blog hop using a stunning midnight blue bloom, banded agate rounds and leather cord. I have more pieces to make for this shop {as soon as I finish tackling these tax records. Ugh.}, but for now, this is what I have to offer.

But besides my one piece, there are stunning submissions from some pretty talented people: Mary Jane Dodd, Lorelei Eurto, and Jenny Davies Reazor. I know I have my eye on a few pieces! I hope you will consider hopping on over to the My Mom Pattie shop and picking up a little Valentine's gift for yourself or someone you love.

Save 20% off your purchase price
using the code MMP20
from January 28-31, 2011. 

Go make a difference and shop!

Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Joann Mannix said...

Another beautiful necklace, Erin.

And what a beautiful gesture on both you and your friend's part. What a loving tribute, a resting place for injured birds, so that when they heal they can fly away. Awfully fitting, I'd say.

I'm off to check out My Mom Pattie.

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Thanks Erin! You have such a great way of expressing things… Thanks for writing up this blog post… You are one amazing lady!

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing this site with us ... I had heard of it but was not familiar with the sentiment and special people behind it. What a wonderful collaborative site. I LOVE your necklace and stopped by to see if it was already snatched up. I was disappointed to see it was, but not surprised one bit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin