04 January 2011

Parlez-vous?

Look at the cuteness that arrived in my mailbox!

I had ordered my Fantastic Mr. Fox bead from Heather Powers at Humblebeads  awhile back because I wanted him to sit on the shelf and keep me company with my beads in my studio. {Talking to your beads late at night isn't weird, is it?}

But he looked so lonely. So I mail ordered a friend from Julsbeads. Her dotty bird was calling to me. And look! She came with a friend! {Thank you Juls! You are the BESTEST.}


They have become fast friends. And yes. They do speak foreign languages {thank God for Google Translate.}. And I have confirmed that I have the best bead friends around.


What about you?
Do you talk to your beads? Or your plants? Or the walls?
Do you think that is weird? (It's okay if you do. I think it is a little odd myself....)
Don't you just wish that you had one of these friends? (They're mine! But you can get your own!)
Would you be able to part with these cute mini-masterpieces? Or would they sit on your shelf too?
I think I feel another collection coming on.....
 
Enjoy the day!

13 comments:

Courtney Breul said...

Love! My Juls bird sits on my desk keeping me company also! Love her beads!!!

Judy said...

Just ask my husband I drive him crazy talking to myself! I am glad you have some new pretty friends to keep you company in your studio.

Heather Powers said...

Now that's good company to keep. You are such a card!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Oh, I have beads I've collected from other beadmakers to keep me company while I make jewelry and then a set of "love birds" by Jennifer Geldard on my computer. Love them all. I don't talk to them (mostly I talk to myself), but they do make me smile.

moonlitfantaseas said...

I have three of Jul's birds, guess I need to sit them out on a shelf where they can keep me company and talk to me.....hopefully they speak english......

Mellisa said...

I always use the pupper as my excuse to have a conversation when no one else is around! Love your little group of beady buddies :)

Joann Mannix said...

Those birds are adorable! Their personality just comes off the page. I might just have to get me a little birdie for my writing desk.

And I talk to my dogs all the time. They're such sweet, attentive listeners.

Alice said...

I talk to my beads, but usually its because they are not laying flat, or too big, or too small for the project at hand.

What a cute little group of friends you have there!

Riki Schumacher said...

Too cute Erin!! Hugs, Riki

Holly said...

Well, I don't talk to my beads, but I do talk to my animals all the time...my car...my computer...trees...the radio. So I usually have a healthy conversation going on in some fashion! And yep, I'm a huge collector. But am dying to get my greedy little mitts on some of those foxes and awesome birdies.

Amina said...

I love to see your thoughts
http://besthousejo.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I talk to pretty much anything that doesn't talk over me, lol. And daily I talk to my fish trying to lift his spirits.

Unknown said...

Oh those little bird beads are flippin ADORABLE!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin