07 May 2012

Who's Got the Button?

I do!

Saturday, May 12th OOPS! Sunday, May 13th is the reveal for Cindy Wimmer's Button Swap Blog Hop. Today I am giving you a sneak peek at what I got and a vague look at what I have been creating!

I was paired up with the sweet Miss Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio. She makes lovely ceramic components and writes a fun blog. She just seems like she would be a really fun person to be with. How lucky am I?

Today is a sneak peek of the buttons that I got from Miss Diana.

 The package was so lovely. Two tins and a sweet circus card (did you know that my daughter is hooked on elephants?) They were stuffed full of great treasures!



 Here are all the goodies that were contained within!



Brightly colored plastic buttons. I love the texture on these. Makes me want to get some mold compound and make impressions of these! And look at that sweet little brass anchor button there! I have some thoughts a-brewin' for that treasure.





Some wood, some leather, some resin... look at the fun shape of that wooden barrel button!

<------------This wood button is crazy huge!

And there is a leather button in there with a leather loop for a shank. (Blogger is messin' with me. You get the idea, right?)












Diana also included some beautiful mother of pearl buttons. I love the glow and warmth of mother of pearl. It is so classic and goes with everything.






But I am most delighted with the beautiful ceramic buttons that Diana made just for me! Isn't she sweet?


Sneak peeks!

Come back on Saturday to see what I created with some of these sweet treasures!

P.S. It is also my week for the Studio Saturday on Art Bead Scene!
There will be a giveaway so do come over and check it out!

Your turn... do you collect buttons? What is your favorite? Do you ever use them for crafts, decorating, jewelry, counting, sorting, currency? Do tell!

10 comments:

Alice said...

What a gorgeous group of buttons! I don't think I have seen leather buttons before. And the ceramic buttons are great. I can't wait to see what you have made with these goodies.

I'm struggling with just getting a design figured out. I really haven't worked with buttons in my jewelry before, and really, really hoping I come up with something soon. I don't want to be a no-show for this challenge!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Can't wait to see the finished pieces Erin - I am sure they are as spectacular as ever. Have a great one!

Unknown said...

Yes you both lucked out on this one! What a pairing! Can't wait for your reveal!

Therese's Treasures said...

Oh Wow Erin, these are some beautiful buttons you received and I love those little tin they came in, so pretty!
Looking forward to seeing what you and everyone else has made with y'all's buttons.
Therese

KayzKreationz said...

I do collect some, but nothing as great as your partner. I, too am in the button swap. I hope my partner enjoyed what I sent her. I got some fantastic buttons from Shannon. Will be posting later.

Cyndi J said...

You're such a tease! Can't wait for the reveal.

Cindy said...

Erin, you sure got a nice variety of buttons from your swap partner! And you are seriously ahead of the game!! Looks like you are all finished with your jewelry - way to go! I'm still working on mine. :-( Have another big deadline this Friday so I've also been focusing on that...
You know I do collect buttons! I absolutely love them...I collect antique metal buttons, especially the ones with riveted patterns, perfume buttons, and carved mother of pearl buttons. They are just so easy to love. :-)

Beth Hikes said...

What fun! I love buttons and use to have a wonderful collection that I used with all my hand-knitted garments. Sometimes a button was actually what a would design a whole sweater around. What a lovely memory of searching for the perfect buttons in the local antique shop. Thank you for prompting me to remember :) I look forward to the reveal. xoxo Beth

JeannieK said...

You got quite a collection there. I love that ginormous button. I,m excited to see what you create. I have my pieces done and my blog post ready to go. This will be a fun blog hop.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Beautiful buttons, indeed! And you finished your pieces already!!! Can't wait to see the reveal! BTW, I loved your studio vlog on the vintaj website! You are such a natural speaker, and your space is so inspiring! I especially love the framed art print from Lori Plyer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin