24 May 2012

Free Compliments

I can live for two months on a good compliment.  ~Mark Twain
 
I love the blog Kind Over Matter. Amanda is the proprietor and the self-proclaimed "curator of connection & provisioner of benevolent beauty." There is a gentle wisdom and a total peacefulness in this blog. I love to check in and see what has been going on and I always leave refreshed and emboldened, alive and renewed.

They post these wonderful words of wisdom not to mention these great free printables. One of the first ones I ever printed out was the "Take One" series. I gave this poster to a workmate going through chemo. She has them in her office and tears them off and gives them away when someone needs it. Like me. I am staring at the compliment "You have a beautiful soul" right now.

I always wanted to print a bunch of these and post them on public walls, like at the coffee shop or that kiosk downtown where there are flyers about the bands playing this weekend or a litter of kittens for sale. I just might do that this weekend as a random act of kindness to the world.

{Get yours here!}

If you would like to print off your own, please go to the Kind Over Matter blog post here to share the love.

You readers are all the light in my day, the cream in my coffee and the stars in my sky. So these compliments are for you.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Erin, these are wonderful, I am off to check out the blog. Have a wonderful day, just what I needed to see as I have been struggling with a cold the last week and have been feeling a bit dumpy. Much love,
Penny

lynsey said...

Thank you for sharing this Erin, what a lovely sentiment

Off the Beadin' Path said...

Oh, isn't that neat?! I would've used that when I had piano students. At the beginning of the lesson, they could pick one. I think it would've picked them up after a day at school and put a positive energy into the lesson, but this same thing could work anytime, for anyone! Thanks for finding and sharing! And just for YoU, Erin, I pick the compliment, "You have a beautiful soul."

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

What a cool idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lilik Kristiani said...

I love the idea about "a random act of kindness to the world" =) I'll do the same with you. Thanks for the compliments.
It's a pleasure to have you on my blog list.

Unknown said...

You are a true gift to this world! How sweet it would be to walk into a place an see this sign. I just might have to follow your example!

Dawn Doucette said...

I love this!!! I'm totally sharing your post with my peeps! Everybody needs a dose of happy!!
Have a wonderful weekend dear friend!
{Hugs!}

Jeanniek said...

This is so stinking cool. You should leave them in coffee shops. You never know how you could change a persons day.
I'm part of a team of artists from the Minneapolis Art District. Twice a year we go out and Guerilla art all over the Twin Cities. It is the most enriching, rewarding experience. I'll just stop here or I'll go on and on.

marymc202 said...

Erin,
I am new to your blog, but have found it immensely creative, entertaining, and dynamic. I impressed with your energy and thoughtfulness and love your work. Thanks for being available to so many people in your busy life here and at home.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin