07 May 2010

RAW::Your Moment of Bliss

Your Random Acts of Wisdom today are brought to you by Dove Chocolates, of which I have been indulging in quite frequently of late since I found two errant bags that were tucked away in my pantry closet since some time last year. Mmmmm....creamy. {What? It is still good. Never waste chocolate.}
{I miss my massage therapist. Help me, Allen! When can you see me?}
{breathe in, breathe out...repeat...repeat...repeat}
{That's a good thing. Because I don't want to have to think about making that stick. And superglue never works for me.}

{Oh yes. I wonder what sort of temptations I can give into this weekend...Dove is nice but Moonstruck is superior!}

{Great advice that I learned when I was in kindergarten and it is still true today.}

{Oh, I found it. But now I need to work at making it my life's work rather than my 9p-1a passion!}

{I think I will try to NOT stay up until 1am working my fingers raw wire wrapping a bazillion crystals or pounding metal until it begs for its life and actually get a good rest for a change!}

{Wha?!??!!?}


{That is actually what the wrapper said. I couldn't make that up if I tried!}


Random Acts of Wisdom is all about paying attention to the little nuggets that appear when you need to hear them.
Which of these wrappers speaks to you?

What message are you NOT paying attention to that keeps popping up in your life?
What is your favorite brand of chocolate?
Do tell!

Enjoy the day!

And Happy Mother's Day to all those women in our lives who help raise us, guide us, and help us on our way to becoming productive and happy people. You know who you are, whether you have a child of your own or not.



12 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Erin! Fav chocolate? Lindt Truffles! I miss the Lindt stores out east. I have 2 do Dove wrappers that I have pinned up at the paying job: "Hey, why not?" and "Sing along with the elevator music." Also a Hershey kiss tag that says: "I miss recess." I think that as adults we should get a recess from work every day!
Get some rest and bead happy!
Michelle

Jenners said...

Thank you for justifying my purchase of Dove Promises today!

Pearl and Pebble said...

Hey Erin I couldn't help but notice some of the wrappers were slightly more mutilated than others.....:D I have to agree with Michelle on the favorite. I had my first Lindt Truffle a month ago. OMG. There really are no words to describe the moment of bliss I felt! Usually when we need a fix around here, I just make a cup of Swiss Miss or grab a handful of choc. chips.

Regina said...

What a delightful post. Enjoy your weekend and would love to hear about the new thing you tried.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Erin,

I used to take a group of students to Scotland for Study Abroad in the summers and my husband and I are really homesick for it. In the UK, the grocery chain Tesco, has a fabulous plain (i.e. dark) chocolate that is to die for. There's very little wax in it that American Chocolates have to have to withstand the heat. Anyway, Dove comes pretty close. My husband and I read, with great pleasure, that 13g of dark chocolate a day has wonderful health benefits, so we take two Doves a day. This morning mine said "Even Small celebrations deserve a dance".

Another new favorite came to me as a "Note from the Universe" (theuniverse@tut.com). It said:

"Have you noticed, Emanda, how moving towards a great dream summons from life's jungles the fiercest lions, the scariest tigers, and the grizzliest bears... who eventually turn out to be the noblest teachers, the bravest guides, and the dearest friends?

You're on your way,
The Universe"

Have a fabulous weekend!
Emanda
P.S. Check out my Land Art Bracelet Challenge:
http://artemisiastudio.blogspot.com/2010/05/landart-bracelet-challenge.html

sandi m said...

Don't get me started on chocolate, my all time - yum!! Love the messages on your Doves.

Just wanted to tell you that the beads Kerry sent you are drop dead awesome. Perfect interpretation of the painting that I also love. (I even have some Kristina Logan dot beads that are a perfect match!)

Look forward to seeing your final creation - tons of inspiration here!

Happy Mom's Day, too ~

Melissa J. Lee said...

Out of all of the pearls of wisdom in this post, I liked "Never waste chocolate" the best. Words to live by! Happy Mother's Day!

Cynthia said...

My favorite chocolate is Hershey's Dark nuggets with almonds.
And I like the wrapper that said to give into temptation (that's what I took from it!!) - it's how I feel when I go to a bead show. I tell people "You never regret buying the beads, you only regret NOT buying the beads). Although, I just paid my Visa bill this weekend, so maybe there's a tiny amount of regret....Naaaa - I still love the beads I bought!

Alexandra said...

That was such a cute idea.

I have to start getting my camera involved , too, it gets your writing on a whole different more sharing level.

I could feel myself next to you, laughing at the corn maze wrapper. I think we'd both look at each other at the same time and say "whaa?"

How was your nephew/s communion? I thought of you at church.

Javajune said...

How fun is this, a little chocolate and a lot of inspiration or is it the other way around? No matter, it's the perfect match! I so agree with your words "Living the life you always imagined" following your bliss, I'm trying...
-jj

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful MOther's Day! And whenever I find errant chocolate lying around I am extremely pleased! I love the little quotes Dove shares. :)

lisa oram said...

I love Dove chocolate, and I love this post. I am soooo going to buy some on my way home today. Have you tried Green and Black choco bars? They have replaced Dove for us, but now I miss those "promises." Gotta share the chooc love around. Thanks! (and for your comment on my Ballerina. Fun, fun, fun, those little ones. So beautiful.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin