12 May 2010

The Journey - The Ending

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
~Erich Fromm

I really didn't get to finish what I started with the first post about "The Journey" because Blogger wouldn't let me upload this one. {Stupid Blogger.}




Near the end of the performance is when my Tiny Dancer debuted in her Fabric World quartet. {If you want to cut to the scene, skip to about 2:55 on the clock. Tip: You have to let the gray bar on the bottom get past the arrow before you drag it. Tiny Dancer is one of the all white clad dancers with the fabric that I keep focusing on.} There is a lyrical and free flowing quality to this particular modern dance piece. Such a freedom of expression and happiness in their bodies. I get choked up whenever I watch it.

I especially love that one of the principal dancers is next to my Tiny Dancer. This dancer has been such a positive influence and a wonderful role model to my Tiny Dancer and to all the dancers at the studio. It gave me chills to see them performing next to one another. Perhaps my Tiny Dancer will follow in her accomplished footsteps...or perhaps not. But having had this experience makes life richer.

This senior dancer will be studying dance performance and one day hopes to be on Broadway {and after seeing that performance can't you just envision it?}. I have promised my Tiny Dancer that when she does, we will be in the audience to cheer her on.

No matter where the road of your journey takes you, always enjoy the scenery.

Enjoy the day!

5 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

This was particularly wonderful this morning with my coffee! I think what I like most about this recital is the modern music!!
I am not sure I saw your daughter, when it got to the 2:55 that section had just ended. Was she one of the 4 smaller dancers that your camera kept focusing on? Probably, I just wasn't sure.
Anyway, that was terrific! I hope she continues dancing!

Kristen said...

So beautiful! Thank so much for sharing. This put a big smile on my face today. Congratulations on having such a wonderful little dancer in your life! :)

EmandaJ said...

Good Morning Erin,

You must be so proud -- this is wonderful! Isn't it lovely to see you Tiny Dancer being influenced in such a positive light?

Emanda

Heather said...

That was lovely. My sister and her daughter are both accomplished dancers. She lives on the East Coast and I on the West and I miss her.
They both are very tall and were best in Modern Dance like your video.
You are right about the joy and freedom. I love the flow and the accent moves and the fabric. Thank you for sharing this.

Denise Yezbak Moore said...

Hi Erin -
The recital was just beautiful. You must be so proud. Loved the music and dancing. Awesome job posting a video on your blog. Still waiting for the tutorials.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin