06 April 2010

Creative Vision... and Before & After Prize Selections

"Creation begins with vision." ~ Henri Matisse

I agree with Henri. I never get very far if I can't see where I am going. Since creation begins with vision, I want to give you something to think about. Today I want to share with you the choice of prizes for the Inspired by...Before & After challenge on now through the end of April. Go to this post here to read the nitty gritty. Perhaps this will get your creative vision a kick in the pants.

If you know me at all then you know that I consider variety the spice. I try to get as much of it as I can in my life. So in that spirit, I want to allow the winner to select the pieces that will be the best fit.

Up first, some really great chain from the clearance rack {there's treasure there, you know!}. The winner can choose either the brass chain with the leaves and colorful beads or the brass chain with the white pearls. {Note: there are multiple necklaces shown here. You will get one necklace of your choice.}

Second, I want to give the option of art beads. Or fiber. Because of late I am all about the art beads. And the fiber. So, I have selected two different choices.

EITHERYour choice of any two of these lampwork beads by Amy Houston
{two of the same color or two different - again, your choice!}

OR
A whole yard of this outrageously vibrant Fair Trade recycled silk sari ribbon from NorthcottWilson

And I truly hope that whoever wins the random drawing for April will create something fabulous and then share it with us all! Because I could use a little creative vision{and a kick in the pants} right about now.

Do you like to have choices, or are you overwhelmed by too many choices?
Which of these materials would you choose?
What would you do with these things? Use them together or separately?
What sorts of treasures have you found as raw materials for your April challenge piece?
Where is your creative vision taking you?
Do you need a kick in the proverbial creative pants?
Do tell!

Enjoy the day!

7 comments:

stregata said...

I think we go through phases - there are times when I feel completely uninspired, others (like now) when I can't keep up with my ideas. Playing with the materials leads me from one idea to the next.

Angelia Sims said...

That fabric is absolutely gorgeous and vibrant!

I wish I was crafty at stuff like that, but I'm just not. I have creativity but not when it comes to free hand. I sure do admire fine work though. My mom kept all the art genes to herself.

I don't do well with a lot of choices either. When I shop for clothes. I have to look at the mannequins. It's pitiful! :-) Luckily my 16yr old helps me out a lot.

Cindy said...

Erin, what a gorgeous selection of prizes...you always have a way of inspiring. For me, these days I can't seem to find the time to spend on my creative ideas...very frustrating at times but that's life with 4 little ones!

lunedreams said...

I'm very definitely overwhelmed by too many choices. (Which is why I perversely keep buying so many beads?) I get paralyzed when considering my options, b/c once I make a choice it feels like all the other possibilities die in the womb. (Although I DO usually have more than one of each bead...I guess the problem is too little time.) I think I would choose the silk, I've been wanting to do something with fiber. (I have a congenital aversion to challenges so I won't comment on the April challenge). I would be tempted to use the silk with the brass chain w/colorful beads. Unique giveaway! Have to start checking out clearance racks...

Poppy B. said...

Ooh, pretty colors! How fun to have discovered your blog. I'm following you now--maybe I'll get inspired!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Choices are always a good thing. I love the sari ribbon.

Maneki said...

What a nice and varied selection of prizes. If it were me I'd probably choose the sari silk, both because it has an interesting story behind it and it would prove an interesting challenge, fiber being so versatile but not something I use that often. (Also, being a romantic, I love silk.) Don't know what I'd do with it, but the first thing would probably be to "sort out" the colours.

I like choices, it gives you more possibilities and you can choose a thing you find especially interesting one day. Hopefully, a choice doesn't have to mean I close the door for those other things I didn't choose. They might still be there another day and that time I will choose one of them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin