30 October 2014

30 Words :: 5th Quarter



I came to see the band,
we said when the team sucked.
Now we come to see 
Bucky Badger
beat up opponents.
AND
I-Spy the tubas
glistening in the sun.


Last weekend was our annual trek as a family to Madison, Wisconsin to cheer on our alma mater in the homecoming game. My dad has 49 yard line seats and I got to sit with my son in the 24th row behind the Badger bench. We trounced the Maryland Terrapins, 52-7. The highlight of the day is always the UW Marching band. They are truly one of the best in the land. During the second half, the band members break up and pop-up in the stands and play little riffs of the school song, etc. You never know where they will be! And we have a tradition called The 5th Quarter where the band stays and plays and runs around like crazy on the field for about a half hour after the game.
You have to stay until the very end if you are a true Badger!
I bleed red and white!

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
30 Words :: 2014 

by Erin Prais-Hintz

Update:

  I have been working on the book and it is coming along! I have been pulling my favorites from this year of my own, but I am finding that I am far more interested in what others have done. 
If you have participating in the 30 Words Thursdays this year, I am going to try to include at least one, and I will email you when I have selected it to be sure that I have your permission. All contributors will be listed in the book. You are not obligated to participate in this project, and you are not obligated to buy the book, but keep in mind that this is solely for charity with proceeds benefiting the Alzheimer's Association.

Thank you for joining me on this rambling journey to document our world and our lives, 
one photo and 30 words at a time!










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...

Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).

Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.

Post it each Thursday.

Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
(InLinkz code will be open for one week.)
Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog!


1 comment:

Todd said...

Bands have such a huge impact on school spirit!! I'm always amazed at how a band director can bring the diversity of sounds together to create something special.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin