27 April 2011

BTW: X Marks the Spot!


Ms. Tori, the dance director, has come to expect me to make her a showstopper of a necklace for the yearly performances. And I am true to form and running it right down to the wire. I had hoped to have this complete by today, but I forgot that life gets in the way. Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow.

The name of the show is "X" for the Roman numeral ten. This is the 10th anniversary of the dance school. So my idea was to incorporate the number ten (or "X) into the piece in a subtle way. She picked out these amazing stones from norah62 on Etsy (and she is having another sale of 25%! Hurry!). These were described as "Vibrant blue fire hot pink moonstone faceted nuggets." Their color and flash is really quite remarkable! Ms. Tori has great taste as a whole strand of these was not cheap!

There are flashes of blue and green and purple in there, so I found a gold toned clasp with a beautiful mystic Swarovski crystal in it in the shape of a star. And I am using faceted amethysts in between the stones to bring in another shape and color.

The X comes in the way that I wire wrapped each stone using 14/20 gold filled half round wire that lays nice and flat.

Now I just need to bring it all together!

Enjoy the day!

14 comments:

SueBeads said...

Those beads are gorgeous, I'm hitting her shop now! You're not the only one who does things last minute! I think it helps, sometimes... at least for me!

SummersStudio said...

Oh, I do like your subtle reference to X (ten) in your wire wrapping. Nice and the stones are just lovely.

Christine said...

Lovely beads & great idea w/the x! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!!

rosebud101 said...

Sounds like it's going to be a statement necklace to me! I'm anxious to see the final result!

Unknown said...

No doubt you will make a show stopper! Your jewellery is so beautiful all the time always looking like its on fire with beauty! xx

steufel said...

Ohhhhh Erin, the shop you've suggested will bring me one step further towards being broke:-) And I LOVE the idea of your necklace. I'm sure you will be finished in time:-)

Davinia said...

Like everyone I love the x on the beads. You never cease to amaze me with your ideas and beautiful pieces. Can't wait to see the finished necklace, I do hope you share it with us.

Alice said...

A show stopper it will be!!!! I love the stones, and that sweet little gold star. Ms Tori will not be disappointed!

JeannieK said...

Oh how I miss attending dance recitals. We did it for 15 years.

Ms. Tori's necklace is in good hands. I have never heard of hot pink moonstone before. The "X" on the stones with wire...genius!

I hope you will get a chance to show us the finished necklace.

somethingunique said...

Hi Erin, your creativity is genious with that x and your attention to detail, i too always wait till the last min. for some reason i seem to be most creative when i have deadlines whatever works eh! can't wait to se the finished show stopper no doubt it will b amazing ttfn L:)

Sally Anderson said...

That's really beautiful, Erin! So clever to use the wire that way and make the X stand out. Can't wait to see the finished product! I, too, am a last minute person. I was like that back in school days (staying up all night to finish papers or cram for tests) and am still now all these eons later the same. Ride with it! It must be the way your muse works!

Cindy said...

Erin, it is really neat now to see your project in the works, after you described it back in March. It is coming together beautifully....it's going to be gorgeous! :-)

Anonymous said...

It is so beautiful, What a captivating piece.

Silver Parrot said...

That pink moonstone looks HEAVENLY! I can't wait to see your finished creation which, I'm sure, will be amazing as always!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin