16 April 2015

30 Words :: Victory


...Words have power…
To build up… destroy…fill up... depress… encourage... bully… uplift.
What we focus on, is what we become.
What would your 'I Am' statement be?
Choose wisely.

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
Next week I will be hosting my largest fundraiser of the year for the Dance Education Center. Each year I bring my Pop-a-Dot Jewelry collection for sale to help raise funds for their National Honor Society for Dance Arts scholarship program. This year I added something new.

I believe that the words that you surround yourself with, the ones you speak, write and say, are very powerful. They shape your reality and become a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy. But one that YOU have the power to change. I created these necklaces for my daughter's 13th birthday party last year as a party favor. Who better than 13 year old girls to wear messages of life-affirming positivity?
So this year, I have added the Victory Medals to the fundraiser for the dancers. The advanced dancers came up with the words that I used. I have hand-stamped these dozen or so words on metal tags like those above in four different metals and three different fonts. There will also be charms (like stars, hearts, keys and dancers) as well as birthstones to add to each necklace to make them completely unique to the wearer. Because I like variety and celebrate individuality.
But there needed to be something...more.
For every necklace purchased (through this sale April 20-26)
or through my website www.tesoritrovati.com
I will GIVE ONE to a woman in the Family Crisis Center shelter.
Because who better than a woman who has hit a low point, had words used against her for ill, to receive the blessing of a necklace that she can call her own and wear with pride to help shape her new reality?
VICTORY MEDAL :: BUY ONE-GIVE ONE
will be my ongoing gift to the Family Crisis Center.
Help me spread the message of hope to those that need it most and consider sharing this post. 
Card that will be included with the donations to the Family Crisis Center
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  
The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...
Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).
Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.

Post it each Thursday.

Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
 
(InLinkz code will be open for one week.) 
Enjoy seeing the verse and vision others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog:


3 comments:

Drtanglebones said...

I love your message this week!

Shai Williams said...

What a wonderful thing to do for the women!

QueenBead said...

You're my hero.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin