18 September 2014

30 Words :: Still


 sky melds with water
reflecting
an outer calm
 (but which way is up?)
all the while
hiding the 
inevitable truth
that the 
current
keeps on moving
despite
appearing
absolutely
s    t    i    l    l


I shot this the other morning on the balcony off my office at work on the Wisconsin River using my iPhone camera. Every day the water shows a different mood and this one with a relative calm is very rare. Can you tell which way is up?
And I feel that this image sums up where I am at right about now as well! Enjoy!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...


Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).


Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.


Post it each Thursday.


Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
(InLinkz code will be open for one week.)
Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog!


6 comments:

Shel said...

What amazing photos!!

Drtanglebones said...

I really like this effect! Now I have to try something like this...

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

I like the effect you captured! I also love your 30 words today!

Michelle Mach said...

Still waters run deep, eh? :) I really love this entry--really rings true to me.

Todd said...

I really like reflection shots!! Great photo!

The Crafty Mama said...

Erin, this is another beautiful poem and image. I look forward to Thursdays so much more these days. Thank you for your inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin