25 July 2012

Garden Gate: Echo Creative Club



Thanks to my friend Jeannie Dukic, I get to play along in the Echo Creative Club periodically through the year. This month has me on the schedule and I received a lovely Gin Blossom pendant from Jeannie. Jeannie makes really lovely polymer clay creations. Her creativity never ceases to amaze me. And it is always a treat to see what the other participants are up to for the month.

{My Gin Blossom is the dark green in the upper right}

The detail on these pendants is so nice and Jeannie makes them in practically every color combination. Another time I got a chocolate and turquoise one and created this lovely little stunner. This time around I got a green Gin Blossom. Evergreen with highlights of mint. I like green, I really do, but I will tell you that this particular pendant was a bit of a challenge for me (it's okay... I like a challenge!). It seemed that every green that I placed near it wasn't quite right - too light, too dark, too mossy, too minty - I have a lot of green beads!

{Unakite in an olive mossy green with hints of peach and orange and a close up of the pretty little magnetic clasp}
I finally settled on a strand of unakite rounds. What I love about this stone is the mottled effect and the rich peach and orange colors that come through, as though looking at a forest floor. That gave me the complementary color for all this green, lest it look too much like a pine tree.


{I just love the way these soft glass globes glow from within and the way the light is reflected on the shell beads.}

I found some lovely translucent faux sea glass rounds in a soft peachy pink, and these pretty mosaic shell rounds in the same iridescent shade. To pull it all together I found a tube of salmon colored matte peanut beads. (I am only slightly addicted to peanut beads. I want to put them in everything I make! ;-) I grounded it all with the copper branch connectors from Nunn Design (note to self: buy more of those!) and finished it off with a sweet little copper magnetic clasp.

{Garden Gate}

I call this Garden Gate as this medallion reminds me of an ornate gate fixture and the colors bring to mind climbing ivy, hothouse roses and drooping peonies. And since I have a decidedly black thumb, this is the closest to a garden that these hands will get!

Peach Pink Orange Garden Roses 250
{Gorgeous peach peony}

Thanks Miss Jeannie for the chance to play along with you! Do be sure and head over to Miss Jeannie's blog for a complete list of the participants for the month.


18 comments:

Parel Armbanden said...

Pendant is looking amazing.It is called a fabulous collection of all things in one combination.I like the color too.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

This is just gorgeous! I come to your blog not only for the fabulous pictures, but also for your wonderfully descriptive thought process! Beautiful!

Alice said...

Gorgeous! I love that you didn't try to match the green in the pendant, and instead chose beads that compliment this piece of art very nicely. I love all the different elements you included, especially the metal branch connectors. The name you chose suits this piece to a T.

Unknown said...

I love going on the journey of creativity with you! I know what you mean about Jeannie's creations too. Such detail and amazing colors! Yes I see the garden gate too!

lunedreams said...

Love the peach and pine green together. The combination of materials you chose is divine! The translucent glass, the iridescent shell, the little matte peanut beads...Perfect! The leaf connectors bring it all together. Gorgeous!

Shirley said...

I love walking through the process with you Ms. Erin! Those leaf connectors truly set off that pendant, and the soft peach is a perfect complement. Well done!!

KayzKreationz said...

That turned out so dainty and lovely. What a great necklace.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty necklace! I love the color combo of the dark green ad peach. I really like the leaf shaped connectors.

Pearl and Pebble said...

Lovely Erin! That clasp is a perfect pairing with that gorgeous pendant. Love those little peanut beads and leaf connectors too!!

Cindy Cima said...

Great necklace! Love the way you used the Nunn Design branch connectors!
I agree - Unikite is very versatile, and was a great pairing with your wonderful necklace.

Anonymous said...

I must confess, I have never been a fan of unakite. It just never seemed to click with me. But I love what you did with it. I may change my mind. Lovely!

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful Erin, I always enjoy seeing what you have created.
Therese

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Very pretty piece Erin! I love the mix of elements, they all work so well together.

Unknown said...

Erin! This is a beautiful creation! I love the unakite stone. I use it often. I am always drawn to deep green because of the energy of growth and transformation it inspires. I really love how you use so many different kinds of elements in your jewelry to create a work of art! Best, Cristina

JeannieK said...

I knew this would be brilliant! The beads are perfect. I love that you used the branch connectors because the color in the Gin Blossom is the color of a maple leaf I pulled off my tree.
I'm glad you're up for a challenge because beautiful things always happen here.

Courtney Breul said...

Absolutely stunning! Your work combined with Jeannie's amazing Gin Blossoms - perfection!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the colors and wow the design is fabulous!

SueBeads said...

Stunning piece Erin! I'm always so impressed by your work! The clasp is perfect for the piece!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin