04 December 2009

Random Acts of Wisdom

{"Hammer Cuddle" Photo Credit: tiffa130}


"The only tool you need is kindness."




{Surprise message found on the tag of my last bag of Woman's Dong Quai Tonic tea..."revive for your body"...by Yogi Tea}

I think this might become a new feature for Fridays....Random Acts of Wisdom...or RAW. I am always inspired by things around me, particularly messages and words and phrases. I never took the time to really look at my teabags and now that this is the last one I am discovering this overlooked treasure. (There were also messages printed on the box!)

Have you found a Random Act of Wisdom someplace unexpected? A fortune cookie that speaks to your heart? A message scrawled in graffiti? An advertisement copy that is more than just selling widgets? Do tell!


{And let me know what you think of this new feature!}

P.S. You have until 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, December 6th to enter the first Inspired by...Hardware Stores challenge. There are 6 amazingly creative entries so far. Go here to view them and leave them a comment!

Enjoy the day!

7 comments:

sandi m said...

Erin, This would be a nice Friday feature. Can't think of any inspirational words right now - my problem is I see them, read them, love them, but can't remember them!! I used to keep a little inpirational words log that grew and grew.
I have a blank canvas hanging in my kitchen that I've wanted to use to create a collage of French words; perhaps I'll do words and phrases.
Thanks for the inspiration today!

mairedodd said...

from my yogi tea bag - may this day bring you peace, happiness & harmony...
from yogi bottled tea - if we don't change the direction we are headed, we will end up where we are going...
the former is taped to a kitchen cabinet... the latter is on the window sill...

rosebud101 said...

Erin, I'm the same way as Sandi M. I don't remember, but I do know that these things permeate my being. They come out in unexpected ways. I feel I have very little wisdom, so I am an empty cup waiting to be filled.

stregata said...

from a magazine advertisement by B&B Italia:
"creativity is an unknown language everyone understands"

Cindy said...

Hi Erin
What a great post. ... I do turn to you for words of wisdom! I enjoyed reading some of the other "pearls" offered here in the comments too!

Jannie Funster said...

RAW is a great idea, I probably can't commit to Fridays, but my love and kindness will try to be in the air as I make my way through this gorgeous garden of friends I call Life.

xo

Oh, my best fortune cookie ever said "Try another cookie, this one having fun at the beach."

sherry ♥ lee said...

I'm always looking for wisdom...and you often find it in the places you least expect it. A Friday feature is a great idea!

Love the quote Renate offered up there -- brilliant!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin