01 May 2009

Excited. Honored. Humbled.

"Nothing happens unless first a dream."
~ Carl Sandburg


Isn't it great when a dream comes true?

Well, it is not my dream realized, but I did have a part in its fruition.

(And who knows? Someday this might be my dream, too!)

Miss Leah at Creative Every Day put a call out to her faithful readers awhile back to submit their comments about participating in her Creative Every Day challenge and send some pictures of the creations. I didn't hesitate to jump on board that train because I love that little community (even though I am not very visible on it regularly) and I do take the challenge of creating something every single day to heart. Miss Leah is just so creative and inspiring I knew that I just had to help her out.


It turns out that the reason she wanted these things was for an article that was being published in the Summer issue of Artful Blogging magazine. If you haven't seen this publication, you really should, as it is so lovely and lovingly made and has now become an essential tool in my quest to be more artful. It might cost a bit more than your average newsstand magazine, as are all the Stampington & Co publications of which I also subscribe to Belle Armoire Jewelry, and it is TOTALLY worth it.

I am excited to be a part of Leah's challenge to exercise my creativity every day.

I am honored to have been chosen by the editors of the magazine to be included in the article.

I am humbled that I am in such terrific company as these very talented people.




(In case you can't guess....my contribution is the jewelry shown in the gallery of artists. A little something that I made for a challenge on the Beading Daily blog and ultimately selected for their Heart Felt gallery in February.)



Please read more about this great honor over at the Creative Every Day blog by artist Leah Piken Kolidas. And join us in being Creative Every Day!

Check It Out::http://creativeeveryday.com/


Enjoy the day!

6 comments:

Leah said...

thank you for the sweet post, erin!! i'm so glad that you were able to participate in the article. what a treat to see your gorgeous art in the pages!

rosebud101 said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news! I will pick up that issue. I Artful Blogging!

Lance said...

Erin, this is so awesome! And I think it just shows how creativity, and doing those things we love - how much not only they mean to us - but also to how it shines of our soul - and in beautiful ways, the inner creative genius in us all can come out. You're doing that, Erin, and that's so wonderful to see! Congratulations...and enjoy this moment!

Stacey said...

WOw Erin - that is just great news! So exciting - and a very beautiful piece!

Unknown said...

How neat! yay! go girl! I loved everything you said today in my comments and totally agree with you. :) Thanx for taking the time to explain how you think. :)

Deryn Mentock said...

Congratulations! Well deserved!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin